Work perception?

I have recently started to notice that my close contacts and even my colleagues do not have a clear sense on what I do or the value that I bring to my current company. What do I do to change this perception?

Comments

• Hi There,

It’s seems like you’ll need to do some personal branding work here. In a nutshell, you’ll have to start making some strategic changes to educate key stakeholders about your value.

Here are some quick things to get this started 1) do a 360 brand review with some of your close friends/professional contacts to see how your current brand is perceived 2) Spend some reviewing this feedback and decide how you want to evolve or reposition your current brand. This involves determining your brand cake (expertise, strengths, experience and functional benefits) and your brand icing (image & personality) to top that off 3) you’ll then need to build positioning statements and elevator pitches (and both are different!) to communicate this value to KEY stakeholders based on their needs 4) after that you can start working on a brand action and improvement plan to grow in this space e.g. taking on more presentations at work to show your boss you have advanced presentation skills, get certified in project management to improve functional expertise, etc.

Best of luck!

SoFi's Career Services Team